Dove House offers you an opportunity as either an individual, a couple, or a family group, to meet with one of the counselling team who can assist you to connect with your inner resources, enabling you to cope with the challenges you are faced with.
‘A single moment of understanding can flood a whole life with meaning.’
In addition to our counselling service, we offer a variety of support groups including:
- Carer Support – meet people who will support you as you negotiate the journey of caring for a loved one.
- Orchid Group – for those with secondary disease to come together with others to offer and receive friendship and support.
- Art and Healing Table – a restful haven where patients can communicate their observations and emotional responses to their world.
- Bereavement Support – an environment where you can be supported as you journey through this difficult but normal process of grieving.
- Mens Group – for guys … by guys.
At Dove House this means we are committed to:
- Listening – abandoning ready-made answers and endeavouring to understand and appreciate what it means to be you.
- Providing a non-judgmental environment of love and respect where your dignity, power and autonomy are seen to be important.